Hardwood floors are beautiful, aesthetically pleasing and add value to your home. However, while they make your home look so attractive, they are not that easy to clean without damaging the surface. That’s why, in order to clean a hardwood floor without damaging it, you need the best hardwood floor cleaner machine.
The best hardwood floor vacuum have the same design and power as a traditional vacuum, but they are much lighter, and are perfectly safe to be used on wooden floors. The best cleaner for hardwood floors have suction control settings which you can adjust depending on the surface as you are cleaning. The best cleaner for hardwood floors also have an automatic or manual height adjusters, which makes it so much easier for you to operate them.
Hardwood floor cleaner vacuum allow you to turn off the brush rolls when you use them on the hardwood, which offers extra protection. The best vacuum for hardwood floors use bristles of fine material, so that they don’t scratch the hardwood.
In our hardwood floor cleaner machine reviews, we feature several hardwood floor cleaner vacuum that are designed specifically for hardwood floors. They are made with cyclonic technology, which allows them to remove the dirt from the hardwood, without scratching the wooden surfaces.
Below is a list of the Best Hardwood Floor Vacuum Cleaners:
In our hardwood floor cleaner reviews, we feature only the most cost-effective products that fall exactly in the price range you are looking for.
So, let’s get started with our hardwood floor vacuum reviews.
Top 10 Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
Bagotte BG600 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Mop,Upgraded 1500Pa Strong Suction, 2.7 in, Super Quiet, Smart Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaners, Auto Sweeper for Hardwood Floor Carpet Tile Pet Hair Care
- HIGHLY RATED CLASSIC ROBOT VACUUM: Upgraded 1500Pa suction easily lifts dirt from floors and carpets. Strong suction but with a cleaning volume of just 55dB, without disruption. 2.7'' thickness design easy to thoroughly clean the area under the furniture.
- MOPPING FUNCTION: The vacuum robot features with vacuuming, sweeping and mopping, just Additional Purchase a water tank to achieve the Ultra 3-in-1 function, complete cleaning tasks in one trip.
- BOOST-INTELLECT TECHNOLOGY: Automatically switches to MAX power within seconds to pull dirts and hairs lodged in rugs, super climbing ability makes the robot vacuum cleaner move effortlessly from floor to carpet.
- EFFICIENT CLEANING MODES: Auto, Scheduling, Spot, Edge, Single Room & MAX Cleaning modes, switching among different modes flexibly to meet request of different floor types. Set cleaning schedule according to your living habit. 100 minutes of non-stop cleaning, ideal for big house and multi-room.
- SMART NAVIGATION SYSTEM: Multiple types of sensors combine to offer cliff sensing, collision avoidance and minimize the likelihood of entrapment. Anti-scratch tempered glass-top cover and bumper also provide strong protection for robotic vacuum cleaners. Automatic return to charge, so it is always ready to clean.
Laresar Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 26Kpa Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner with LED, up to 30Mins, Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood Floor & Carpet Cleaning【Elite 1】
- 【26Kpa Powerful Suction】With 380W built-in brushless motor, Laresar cordless vacuum cleaner can achieves an output of up to 26Kpa powerful ultra-quiet suction on the max mode, which is perfectly suitable for multi-surface & pet hair cleaning. 2 adjustable suction levels not only can satisfy your daily cleaning needs, but also maximizes battery efficiency.
- 【Long-lasting Rechargeable Battery】 Equipped with 7*2600mAh rechargeable Lithium battery, the cordless vacuum cleaner delivers up to 30 mins (20 minutes for Max mode) of uninterrupted cleaning experience. Besides,the battery of wireless vacuum is removable, which facilitates both wall-mounted charging and charging individually.
- 【Replaceable Rolling Brushes】This cordless vacuum cleaner adopt double-roller design to protect the floor from scratches. The hard rolling brush head can be used to clean carpet while the soft is suitable for hard floor. Besides, rotatable brush head and LED light can easily clean the bottom of furniture etc dark corner.
- 【Efficient Filtration System】The high-density HEPA filter can easily filter out 99.99% of dust and bacteria and ensure the dust will not go back to the air to cause secondary pollution.It is friendly for home with pets and kids. Note: HEPA filter can be washable. Make sure it's completely dry before using it.
- 【Portable Multifunctional】Equipped with 2 in 1 Upholstery Brush and Long Crevice Nozzle and cordless design, the cordless vacuum cleaner can be easily converted to a portable handheld vacuum cleaner, allowing you to clean every surface and corner from floor to ceiling conveniently. In addition, it also can be as to car vacuum cleaner.
Robotic Vacuum, Bagotte Robot Vacuum Cleaner, 2000Pa Strong Suction Robot Vacuum Mop, 2.7in Super-Thin, Boundary Strips Included, Smart Self-Charging, Quiet for Pet Hair Hardwood Floor Carpet Tile
- ✌THOROUGH CLEANING: All-upgraded BG600 MAX robot vacuum cleaner 2000Pa intense suction picks up hair, crumbs, and dirt without any effort. And 2.73" low profile design enables vacuum robot glide underneath beds and sofa easily, achieving a deep cleaning to give you a more comfortable and easy life.
- ✌SWEEP & MOP & VACUUM: Robotic vacuum cleaner really achieve the smart 3-in-1, sweeping vacuuming and mopping function all together. Additional purchase of a water tank specially designed for the robot vacuum BG600 MAX that will help you clean the house effortlessly.
- ✌BOOST-INTELLECT TECHNOLOGY: Robotic vacuum will automatically increase the suction power to the MAX level on your carpets. Super climbing ability makes it move effortlessly from floor to carpet. Besides, it has 3 levels of suction power (MAX / Auto / Low) allow you to highly customize the cleaning.
- ✌All-ROUND CLEANING: Multiple cleaning modes (AUTO / SCHEDULING / SPOT / EDGE / SINGLE ROOM / MAX CLEANING) operate flexibly and satisfy different cleaning needs. The pre-set vacuuming time ensure an effortless clean while you do other things or relax. With providing a free 2-meter boundary strips.
- ✌SMART NAVIGATION SYSTEM: Equipped with brushless motor imported from Japan, powerful robot vacuum with mop works at a low noise less than 55 dB. The infrared sensor avoids unnecessary collisions, anti-drop technology avoids falls to protect your sweeper. And automatically go back to the charging base for recharging when the battery is low.
Tineco Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner, Cordless 3-in-1 Floor Cleaner FLOOR ONE S3, Smart Suction Lightweight Multi-Surface Hard Floors Cleaning
- 【ALL-IN-ONE DESIGN】FLOOR ONE S3 vacuums, washes and dries all at the same time. Lightweight and cordless convenient, low noise output, and powerful suction
- 【INNOVATIVE】iLoop Smart Sensor technology detects wet/dry messes and auto adjusts suction power and water flow for optimal cleaning; Floors dry quickly and streak free.
- 【Automatic Self-cleaning function】Hands-free; all functions at the touch of a button
- 【Dual Tank Technology】Always cleans with fresh solution. Keeps clean water and formula separated from dry debris and dirty water
- 【All-in-one LED display】Built in app connectivity and helpful voice assistant monitors cleaning performance for the ultimate hard floor cleaning experience.
Greenote Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 23000PA Stick Vacuum Cleaner 4 in 1, 200W with Dual Digital Motor LED Headlights, 35 Mins Runtime, Handheld Lightweight Vacuum for Home Hard Floor Carpet Pet Car
1 used from £132.12
- 【Adjustable Dual Suction Vacuum】Equipped with 200W high-power and 23KPA maximum suction, GSC50 vacuum cleaner is more efficiently to absorb dust, debris, hair, etc. With 23KPA and 12KPA two cleaning modes, you can adjust the appropriate suction power autonomously.
- 【Dual Digital Motor Cordless Vacuum】Greenote cordless vacuum uses a DC digital motor. The roller floor brush is driven by an independent motor, in-depth blanket cleaning. With the use of the handle motor, the dual motors drive at the same time, the cleaning effect is stronger.
- 【High-Performance Lithium Battery Vacuum】This vacuum cleaner has Six built-in 2200 mAh lithium batteries to provide long-lasting power. In the low mode, the battery life is about 35 minutes, and GSC50 provides 18 minutes of battery life in high-end mode. Fully charge for 4 hours, complete the cleaning of the large apartment.
- 【4 in 1 Flexible Combination Vacuum】Electric bed brush, specializing in cleaning Better clean dust and particles, etc. The roller floor brush, reducing hair entanglement. 2-in-1 brush and Long crevice, cleaning the ceiling, curtains, keyboard deeply. 4-in-1 flexible combination, sweeping the whole house with one vacuum.
- 【Handheld Self-Standing Design Vacuum】Greenote GSC50 vacuum cleaner has a unique buckle design, which can easily switch between long handle and short brush with a light press. The self-standing design can be placed anywhere after cleaning. With ergonomic handle design, only 1.2KG, light and easy to use.
Robit Robot Vacuum Cleaner, 2000Pa Strong Suction, Super Quiet, Robot Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hairs, Hard Floors, Low Pile Carpets, Anti-drop & Self-Charging, V7S PRO
- [2000Pa Strong Suction]: Robit V7S Pro Robot Vacuum easily picks up dust and hairs from hard floor and carpets. You no longer need to bend over to do floor cleaning.
- [Slim Body & Super Quiet]: Robit's 3.1inch robotic vacuum can freely clean under the low furniture and all kinds of hard-to-reach corners.
- [Schedule a Cleaning]: Setting a schedule with a remote control, Every time you get home, this smart robot vacuum gives you a dust-free floor.
- [Fully Upgraded Smart Sensor]: V7S Pro robot vacuum cleaner featured with upgraded infrared sensor, which means that walls, stairs and obstacles can be identified and evaded. The front bumper adjusts its route after a slight touch.
- [100min Runtime & Self-Charging]: This vacuum robot's long runtime up to *100mins, you can spend more time with your family and pets. *Self-charging when its battery is low.
Uoni V980Plus Robot Vacuum with Self-Emptying Dustbin, Lidar Navigation Robotic Vacuums Multi-Floor Mapping 2700Pa Strong Suction with No-Go Zones 190 Mins Runtime for Pet Hair Carpets
- 【Self Emptying Robot Vacuum- Free Your Hands】Uoni One-stop robot vacuum cleaner provide you 30-days managed cleaning service. When the robot finish the cleaning, it will back to charging base, and the dust box will be automatically cleaned up with the help of the high-power dust collection function. Then you just need to replace the dust bag when it is full. Tips: the orange light will flash rapidly to remind you to replace.
- 【Voice Control- Smart Life】Provide you a comfortable & smart life, you can easily control your automatic vacuum cleaner robot by just opening your mouth. Uoni works with voice control devices of Alexa & Google Assistant, you are able to start cleaning with your voice. And also you could cleaning your home simply by using Uoni Robot APP, remote control or just push the button of the robot.
- 【Real Time Mapping Technology】Robot vacuum mop with Lidar mapping technology, it can restore your house model as accurately as possible, detect fixed objects, analyze dynamic obstacles, and quickly make predictions and avoid them. 25 advanced sensors and lidar allow Uoni robot cleaner to navigate under & around furniture, & along edges. Cliff sensors detect keeps it from falling down stairs.
- 【Custom Cleaning- Personalized APP】Uoni Robot APP will update the map at real-time that the robot vacuums will clean your home according to the room or the order of your instructions like a human. The App will convenient for you to intelligently manage your cleaning plan like adding virtual walls and No-go zones, setting cleaning time schedules, zone cleaning and “find” your robot.
- 【System cleaning- Multiple Mode】Uoni robotic vacuums perfectly cleaning the dust, pet hair, debris, and even rice and soybeans in the hard floor, carpets and the wall side & corners with the design of double-sided brushes, main rolling brush and strong 2700pa suction power. The higher power suction will provide the greater cleaning power.
VYTRONIX Powerful 22.2v Lithium 3in1 Cordless Upright Handheld Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Lightweight, Compact. Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery, for Hard Floor, Carpet, Pet Hair, Car, Home. Purple…
- Powerful 22.2V LI-ION batteryPowerful 22.2V LI-ION battery providing up to 45 minute run time
- Weighs only 2.3Kg
- Cord free cleaning
- Energy efficient Eco Mode
- Motorised brush bar
ECOVACS Robotics DEEBOT N79S Robot Vacuum Cleaner- High Suction with Beater Brush, Auto Self-Charging, Drop Sensor, Alexa & App Connect, works On Hard Floor & Carpet - 2 Year Warranty
- Smart App & Voice controls: use Alexa or Google Home Voice commands to direct cleaning. Use the ECOVACS app to customize, schedule & monitor cleaning sessions, accessory status, & Receive error alerts. It only supports 2. 4GHz Wi-Fi.
- Auto-clean + 4 specialized cleaning modes: smart motion guided Auto-clean mode, plus single room & Spot mode for targeted cleaning, edge mode for hard-to-clean edges, & Max mode for 2x the normal cleaning power.
- 3 stage cleaning system: industry leading cleaning system that combines high-efficiency vacuum suction, a deep reach HELIX main brush & Dual wide reach side brushes.
- Ecovacs features: includes anti-drop & anti-collision sensors, 100-minute life Lithium battery, auto-return charging, durable protective bumpers, air filtration, anti-scratch finish, a large easy-to-empty dustbin, large wheels for climbing thresholds, etc.
- Accessories: Includes N79S Robot Vacuum Cleaner, (1) main brush, (2) side brushes, (1) docking station, reliable Customer support and our worry-free 24-month warranty
Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner [IZ201UKT] Anti Hair Wrap, Pet Hair, Single Battery, Turquoise Blue
18 used from £216.36
- Shark offers a 5-year guarantee for your peace of mind (2 years for batteries, upon registration with Shark) & has a dedicated customer care team
- Cordless vacuum for homes with pets – Anti Hair Wrap Technology actively removes hair from the brush-roll as you clean
- Up to 40 minutes run-time* – Removable battery can be charged anywhere
- Carpets and hard floors – DuoClean glides across all floors, no need to change floorhead
- Flexology bends to clean under furniture and folds for freestanding storage
What Are The Best Ways To Clean Hardwood Floors?
- Sweep with a high quality broom or microfiber cloth
There is no better way to keep the hardwood floor clean than to sweep it regularly, using a high quality broom or a microfiber cloth. You should sweep daily and use a hardwood floor cleaner machine, if you have one. This protects your hardwood floor finish for the long term.
- Use the Best Cleaning Products
You should, as far as possible, use cleaning products that have been recommended by the flooring manufacturer. Not following the recommendations of the flooring manufacturing could, in certain cases, result in your warranties getting revoked. Ask your floor installer for recommendations as well.
If you don’t get a recommendation from the manufacturer or the installer, you should buy a generic hardwood floor cleaner. First, test the cleaner in an obscure part of the flooring and find out if it is what you are looking for.
When selecting cleaners, you shouldn’t buy those that have wax or petroleum, until and unless you are certain that your hardwood flooring has a wax finish. This is because wax or oil holds on to the dirt, and this leads to scratches on the flooring when you step on it.
Many hardwood flooring manufacturers such as Armstrong, BellaWood, Shaw and Bruce offer their own branded hardwood floor cleaners. Some of the most popular hardwood floor cleaners are Bona, Libman, Method, Blanchon, Dr. Bronner, EcoMist, Sals Suds or Wood Wash.
- Use Damp Mopping
Damp mopping means wetting the mop only slightly, just dipping it in the bucket and then wringing it out almost dry. Now, use the damp mop to go over the hardwood floors at least a couple of times. The first time, just dissolve the dirt. Then rinse the mop, wring it and go over the floors one more time. After the damp mopping, use a towel or a buffer to buff the hardwood floors perfectly dry.
- Use Wet Mopping
Wet mopping uses the same technique as damp mopping, except that you wring the mop only slightly here. You have to do wet mopping no more than once a month or so. Wet the hardwood floors first, scrub off the dirt with a non-abrasive white pad. Now, wring the mop perfectly dry and use it to mop the dirty liquid on the floor. Rinse the mop in clean water, and rinse the floor again. Now, mop one more time. You can use clean terry cloth crags to buff the floor dry later. Wet mopping really helps when the floor is really quite dirty. It is the best method to clean hardwood floors in the kitchen and other high traffic areas.
- Caring for Hardwood Floors
Installing hardwood flooring is a decision that will bring beauty and warmth to your house for at least a couple of generations. But for the attractiveness of the hardwood flooring to be maintained, it is important to care for them deeply. You have to understand that hardwood floors are made using wood taken from mature trees. So the floors are basically wood, even though they have been treated and finished at the factory, and hence have all the properties of wood. That’s why you should be very careful not to spill liquid onto the floor, because the wood reacts negatively to it – the wood swells and when you drag furniture across it, the scratches begin to appear.
- Preventing Surface Blemishes
Quite simply, you shouldn’t allow dirt, sand or dust to remain on the floor for long. When dirt or dust builds up on the hardwood floors, they cause scratches and a certain dullness to appear. Another thing to guard against is pet hair. If there are any water spills, keep a clean, dry cloth nearby so that the floor can be immediately cleaned up. Moving furniture is another problem. The best way to do it is to have pads underneath the furniture, especially where the pressure appears to be the most. Pick up the furniture rather than push or pull it across the room. Direct sunlight can actually bleach the hardwood floors over a certain period, so be sure to use curtains to cover the room during the day.
- Maintain the Hardwood Floor Regularly
It’s not really that difficult to maintain your hardwood floors. Rather than sanding or refinishing, which are expensive treatments, you may want to consider a simple sealing treatment. You can use special cleaning solutions mean for hardwood floors as well for weekly cleaning. This ensures that the surface of the wood remains unaffected and the coat of the sealant does not get damaged. You can use the simple technique of dry mopping as well, especially in areas that do not suffer from heavy use. For this, use a soft terry cloth. To maintain the shine, use a hardwood spray, this gives the floor an extra protection.
- Protecting the Hardwood Floors against Moisture
You should ensure that water never gets pooled on the hardwood floors. If any water gets spilled onto the floors, the moisture seeps into the crevices in-between the wooden boards. This causes swelling of the planks, resulting in loss of shape and appearance. So never allow water to spill or settle onto the floors, remember to wipe the floor every time there is a spill. You may want to use damp mopping as well. Always keep a damp cloth fixed to the mop so that you will be in a position to use damp mopping immediately following a spill. The mop should only be slightly damp and not fully wet. This is important as you don’t want any excess water from the mops to seep onto the floors, which would damage the wood.
- Refinishing Every Five Years
You will do well to get the hardwood floors refinished by professionals every 5 years. This ensures that the hardwood stays shiny and fresh for the long term. While refinishing does cost you a little, it is good for the long term protection of the hardwood floors.
- Protection from Scratches and Dents
The best way to protect the hardwood floors from scratches and dents is not to wear any footwear in the house, especially when walking on the floors. In particular, never wear stiletto high heels on them – this causes dents to appear on the hardwood. Furniture legs should be protected with pads, otherwise they can cause indentations on the floors as well. Another solution is to use rugs and carpets in the busiest areas, especially at doorsteps.
Perhaps you have the most beautiful hardwood floors at home, which you hope to pass on to your next generation, or maybe you are a conservationist who wishes to pay proper respect to the trees that were felled down to make way for your hardwood floors, or you just want the shiniest and flashiest floors to show off to your friends and neighbors – well, whatever is your reason, you will want to take good care of your hardwood floors and clean them regularly.