To have hardwood flooring at home is a special privilege which is not available to everyone. You will want to show off your hardwood floors to friends and family. However, for your hardwood floors to retain their attraction, they must be cleaned regularly and maintained well. Traditionally, people use buckets, detergents, scrubbers and get on their knees and start scrubbing away.
Below is a list of the Best Steam Mops for Hardwood Floors:
You don’t have to do that as in this best hardwood floor mop reviews; We shall be discussing how to choose the best steam mop for hardwood floors, that make your task so much simpler.
Hardwood floors are gifts that you will want to pass on to your great-grand children. But they need to be maintained well, which is why you need to get the best hardwood floor mop.
Factors should consider while choosing steam mops for hardwood floor
There is no need to scrub your hardwood floor with the prehistoric mops any longer. With the best steam mop for hardwood floor, which we shall be reviewing here, you no longer have to get down on your hands and knees and scrub hard to get rid of the ugly stain on the floor using your hands. It’s time you used a steam mop!
Using steam mops means that you don’t have to work as hard as before. You can save on time too. The models discussed here not only sanitize the floors, getting rid of the bacteria and germs, but are environmentally friendly and do not use any toxic chemicals. They are easily the best mops for hardwood floors out there.
In particular, we shall be discussing the Vileda 157171 Steam Mop, Russell Hobbs RHSM1001-G Steam and Clean Steam Mop and the Polti Vaporetto SV450 Double Steam Mop in our best hardwood floor mop reviews.
There are many important considerations to be made while selecting a steam mop, least of which is the warranty. Find out if your steam mop is covered by the warranty offered by your hardwood floor manufacturer and installer. This is very important, as some manufacturers and installers don’t cover steam mops under their warranty policies.
The other thing is to make sure that the steam mop does not release too much moisture to the surface, because the moisture impacts the wooden planks negatively, causing a certain dullness to appear on them. It should not – very important – release too much steam.
Also, is the steam mop lightweight enough for you to carry it around? No point in buying a steam mop that is so heavy that you can barely use it around the house.
Can you change the pads that come with the steam mop easily enough? This is another important consideration.
Is the steam mop environmentally friendly and made with non toxic materials? Is it capable of sanitizing the floors? The best steam mop for hardwood floor such as the Vileda 157171 Steam Mop is capable of 99.9 percent sanitization.
So these are the factors to be taken into consideration while choosing a steam mop for your hardwood floor.
Best Steam Mops For Cleaning Hardwood Floors
In this guide, I reviewed the 10 best steam mop for hardwood floors. I compared water tank capacity, weight, cord length, cost to give you my best recommendations.
Top 10 Steam Mops For Hardwood Floors
Vileda 157171 Steam Mop (UK Version), Kills 99.9% of Bacteria Without Cleaning Chemicals , Black
13 used from £50.00
- The quick and easy way to hygienically clean your floors heats up in only 15 seconds
- Kills 99.9 Percent of bacteria on your floor without the need for any cleaning chemicals
- Also includes carpet glider for refreshing carpets. Includes two microfibre pads and a filling jug
- Suitable for use on all sealed hard floor types such as tiles, vinyl, wood and laminate
- Manufacturers two year guarantee Note: Model number SC-1086 and TSU 157171 resembles same product
Russell Hobbs RHSM1001-G Steam and Clean Steam Mop White & Aqua - Free 2 year guarantee
2 used from £31.35
- SUPER QUICK CLEANING - This steam Mop has a super quick 25 second heat up time and is great for chemical-free cleaning.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND EASY TO USE - The lightweight design with tilt axis head provides ease of use, making cleaning less of a chore.
- CLEAN FOR LONGER - This steam Mop has up to 25 minute steam time, ideal when you have a large area to clean.
- NO WASTE - The two microfibre pads can be cleaned in the washing machine to be used time and again.
- ONE YEAR GUARANTEE - This product comes with a free one year manufacturer guarantee. A free second year guarantee is available upon registering your product
Polti Vaporetto SV450_Double Steam Mop with Handheld Cleaner PTGB0085, White/Blue, 1500 W, 0.3 liters
- The steam from the Polti Vaporetto steam mop kills and eliminates 99.9 percent of viruses, germs and bacteria. 2 in 1 product: steam mop and handheld cleaner
- Fast heat-up: 15 seconds, 1500 W power, Wide 7.5m reach
- Steam regulation, unlimited autonomy, with removable tank
- Extra cloths included: 3 cloths to treat all types of floors
- 13 accessories included to clean up to 15 different surfaces, VAPORFORCE brush, Anti-limescale filter
Shark Klik n' Flip Automatic Steam Mop [S6003UK] 3 Settings, 8m Cord, Bordeaux/Steel Grey
3 used from £78.32
- Dirt grip technology - Double sided microfiber pads trap household dirt With and a quick drying time
- Steam Blaster mode - a direct blast of Superheated, concentrated steam
- 3 Intelligent direct steam controls - for consistent, Targeted, cleaning without Streaking.
- Eliminates 99. 9% of common household bacteria, ideal for allergy sufferers.
- 2 year manufacturer warranty for complete peace of mind
H2O HD Steam Mop and Handheld Steam Cleaner – 1500w Multifunctional & Multipurpose System for Floors, Carpets, Windows, Upholstery, Kitchens & Bathrooms
1 used from £113.84
- CLEAN: The easiest way to hygienically clean your home without harsh cleaning chemicals
- SANITISE: Lab Proven to kill 99.9% of germs & bacteria including Salmonella, E.coli, Influenza & Listeria
- DEODORISE: Steam eliminates nasty odours (including pet odours) easily by breaking them apart
- SAFE: Steam doesn't leave dangerous chemical residues or vapour making it non-toxic and pet safe
- QUICK: Quickly heats up steam in just 15 seconds, just add tap waterm, turn on & you're ready to go
BISSELL SpinWave | Hard Floor Cleaning System | Electric Spray Mop With Rotating Pads | 2052E
47 used from £76.05
- Cleans dirt and grime with less effort than a spray mop
- Gently cleans your hard floors with soft microfibre pads to reveal their natural shine
- Includes Multi-Surface cleaning formula, great for cleaning your sealed hard floors, Cord length: 6.7 m
- On-demand spray allows you to dispense just the right amount of solution onto your floors
- Includes 2 Sets of washable power spin pad, 1 x Sample bottle of BISSELL formula, 1 X 2052E Spin wave
Shark Floor & Handheld Steam Cleaner [S6005UK] Klik n' Flip, Lift-Away, 5 Accessories, 2 Settings, Grey/White
30 used from £116.60
- Transforms from a floor steam mop into a handheld steam cleaner with Lift-Away Technology
- Cleans and sanitises 99.9% of common household bacteria
- Easily clean all sealed hard floors and surfaces: hardwood, tiles, glass, worktops, ovens and more
- Touch-free, double-sided cleaning power with Klik 'n’ Flip Technology. Steam Blaster mode for stubborn dirt
- Includes 5 accessories and 2 machine-washable Dirt Grip cleaning pads
H2O X5 Steam Mop - Kills 99.9% of Bacteria Without Cleaning Chemicals (Green, Super)
- The easiest way to hygienically clean your home without cleaning chemicals
- Kills 99.9 Percent of germs, bacteria, viruses and is non-toxic and pet safe
- Quickly heats up in just 15 seconds
- Converts from a steam mop to a handheld steamer
- Suitable for all sealed hard floors, carpets, surfaces and fabrics
Morphy Richards 720020 9-in-1 Steam Mop Kills 99.9% of Bacteria Around the Home
- Keep your surfaces around the home clean, the 720020 kills 99.9 Percent of bacteria
- 9-in-1 Upright steam Mop with detachable handheld cleaner
- Large 400 ml water capacity - meaning more cleaning time between refills
- Instantaneous steam boiler - no waiting for the steam Mop to be ready to use
- Continuous steam and no waiting for the system to cool down before refilling; refer user manual under technical Specification for troubleshooting steps
Dupray NEAT Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer for Floors, Cars, Home and More
1 used from £148.79
- STEAM CLEAN. DEGREASE. DEODORIZE. ANY SURFACE. BETTER.
- POWERFUL STEAM CLEANER: up to 275°F/135°C. Best multi purpose steamer for home, cars and more.
- HEAVY-DUTY & LARGE CAPACITY: Up to 50 minutes of cleaning time per fill up.
- PERFECT FOR FLOOR CLEANING: use any regular towel or cloth, no need for expensive special pads!
- WARRANTY: 2 years / Lifetime on steam cleaner boiler.
How to Steam Clean Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floors are very attractive and add great value to your home. However, not caring for them could diminish the value of your investment in no time at all. That’s why it is important to take care of your hardwood floors, to clean them regularly and to maintain them well. If you don’t clean the hardwood floors regularly, then a noticeable dullness will begin to appear, which makes them a sore sight for the eyes. That’s why you should choose a good cleaning method for your hardwood floors.
There are three main methods to clean hardwood floors. One uses disposable pads, another uses oil treatments and the third and the most effective, which we shall discuss at length, makes use of steam cleaners. All three methods do a good job, but the first two have certain disadvantages.
The problem with using disposable pads to clean the hardwood floors is that the pads have to be disposed off later and replaced with new ones after every use. This can cost you a lot as disposable pads are not cheap. Another issue is that the liquid used on the pads can discolor the floors if used too much.
Oil treatments are good and effective, and oil soaps give a shine to the hardwood. However, even with oil treatments, over a period of time the floor gets discolored.
That’s why steam cleaning is so effective. It does not leave any residue and does not cause any discoloring of the hardwood floors. Also, when you use steam cleaning, the cleaned areas dry very fast, which means you don’t have to barricade the rooms where the cleaning is being done for too long.
Steam cleaner use a highly effective method to convert water to steam called flash heating. The technology makes use of a tank free water heater to heat the water in no time at all. So, most hardwood floor steam cleaners take a couple of minutes, maximum, to convert water into vapors and to begin the cleaning process.
If you are using steam cleaners for the hardwood floors, first, before the cleaning, you should remove as much of the dust and grime from the surfaces as possible. This is important because if you steam clean over a surface that has debris on it, that only causes scratches to appear.
If you are using a cleansing solution in the steam cleaner in addition to water, ensure that it is of a medium pH level. Also, ensure that the floors are perfectly sealed. You don’t want to use the steam cleaners on cracked surfaces as the moisture should never get soaked into the hardwood – if it does, it will cause considerable damage to it.
Now use the hardwood steam cleaner. Operating a steam cleaner is very easy. You just need to fill the water canister with hot water, ensure that the filters are clean, put the water canister in its place, heat the water till it boils and turns to mist. Start with one of the corners of the room and work your way to the opposite corner. Go back and forth repeatedly till the entire area has been covered and the hardwood floors have been cleaned.
Having a beautiful hardwood blessing is a privilege that not everyone is blessed with. If you are one of the few lucky people on the planet to have hardwood flooring at home, whether it is a beautiful pine or oak covering, then it is very important that you should take excellent care of it. Caring for your hardwood floors isn’t hard at all; just follow the tips, guidelines and advice given above. This is enough to ensure that your hardwood floor lasts several decades into the future.